Design exists to solve problems – creating products that move the needle in an oversaturated market is the one I focus on. I’ve helped many clients run profitable and successful businesses using Design, and I’m always looking for the next partner to work with.
Running a product company is like carrying a heavy sack uphill
Whether designing a new product or improving one, everyone is dealing with the fear or reality of the same issues:
- more than 50% of users never return after they sign up
- almost 1 in 3 users churns every year
- stiff competition from the 50k+ SaaS companies in North America alone
- it costs more to acquire customers than what they pay in the first year
- less than 1 in 10 free trials convert to paid packages.
I will carry that sack some of the way
Over the last decade I’ve seen how experience design and strategy can help businesses like yours:
- understand customers, their pain points, and their unmet needs, and leverage these to create products that people are willing to pay for
- discover and take advantage of hidden growth opportunities
- stop building the wrong features that never get any traction
- create products and services that users ‘get’ and keep coming back for
I’m Christian, a full-stack designer who helps SaaS companies grow through product design and strategy
Recently, I’ve designed an app that has raised $45m in funding, I’ve helped Danish startup iPaper double its growth, and I’ve saved British Gas upwards of £700k/year in costs during their digital transformation project.
☝️ It’s stuff like this I do for my clients – I create value for businesses by creating value for their customers.
“Christian thinks big and acts big. With a full range of UX Design & Research skills in his toolbox he is proactive, positive, and makes an impact in the customer experience and the business metrics. He’s an ideas man, follows evidence-based UCD, and he’s a super cool dude!”Conor WardDirector of Design @ BT Consumer
“Christian brings an outstanding blend of design skills and strategic thinking. He designs customer centric solutions which deliver value for the business. His thought process, articulation of complex ideas, and passion made him a valuable member of the team.”Lakshika KhullarSenior Product Owner @ British Gas
“The quality of Christian’s design is unquestionable. Never satisfied with his work, he is always looking to improve the experience customers have. He generates ideas that fit not only the required aesthetics, but also the business value clients ask for.”Bruno PerezStrategic Design Lead @ BCG Platinion
You need a designer who can move the needle for you, and I know a guy...
But there’s a catch – I can only work with you if:
- you’ve already found a product/market fit
- you’re looking for a strategic thinker, not an order taker
- you’re not shopping for the cheapest designer
- you’re open towards a remote engagement.
You're in good hands
No two SaaS companies are alike, so their needs and challenges differ. There is no ‘typical scope’ or ‘standard deliverables’, but here is a list covering what I can do for you:
- help you discover and understand your customers, how you can stand out in the market, and potential avenues for growth and revenue
- validate ideas and the product/market fit
- design products that meet your business KPIs by satisfying the needs of your customers
- create design systems, pattern libraries, and other artefacts for developers hand-over
- work together with Engineering & QA to find bugs and to ensure a smooth development process
- stay on board for design continuity and to work on further iterations while you focus on growing the business.
How am I different?
I’ve seen how designers can hurt businesses if they blindly follow orders. I can’t tell you how many clients came to me with expensive projects they couldn’t afford for shiny apps they didn’t need.
I see it as my job to challenge your ideas, assumptions, and preferences by leveraging my product experience. That’s what you’re paying me for, and it’s my duty to ensure you’re getting the results you’re expecting. If I help you grow, my own business grows too, so I’m a strategic partner for you, not a vendor.
How do we get started?
Hop on a free discovery call with me.
We’ll talk about your business goals, budget, and timelines, and whether I can help you get where you need to go. If we’re a good match, I will send you a formal proposal and as soon as the upfront payment clears, we’re ready to rock and roll.